Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The Shutterbugs are Getting Married!



Photo by Miss Shutterbug

The Story

Actually, there was no formal typical proposal. I’d like to think of it as a process. This year, after Mr. Shutterbug got back from abroad, we got to talking about getting married. We got so excited that we bought wedding magazines and looked at wedsites. We could not announce anything yet though as I wanted to formally inform my parents first.

Then, whenever we’d be in malls, Mr. Shutterbug would steer me towards jewellery stores and we’d look at engagement rings. Typical Mr. Shutterbug, he’d convert the prices to how many lenses or what kind of camera he could buy with the money. :P So I’d choose the most affordable among the rings. I learned later on that he had already bought the ring (but wouldn’t tell me how, when and where) and was just checking my reaction. Again, typical Mr. Shutterbug, when he saw that I was choosing the lower priced rings, he kidded me after, “Sayang!”

Last Saturday, we were on a mall tour for I wanted to get my Christmas shopping over and done with. We went to the NBC Tent, then Glorietta, took the MRT to Trinoma, back to Glorietta then off to Rockwell. We went to Rockwell to have dinner in Kenny’s Roast & Grill, where his best friend is the supervisor. It was our first time in Rockwell. We usually steered clear of this mall because we thought we weren’t japorms enough. :P Anyhoo, after dinner, we went to Fully Booked. After a while, he told me he’d go down to the National Book Store because Fully Booked didn’t have the books he was looking for. Then, I followed him downstairs because I noted that Archaeology was beside NBS. While searching for dresses, he called me because he was already back in Fully Booked and that his friend was there. I went back, handed him my stuff and I ran to the rest room. When I got back, I saw something sparkling on his pinkie finger. My ring finger is the size of his pinkie. Lately, he'd place his pinkie over my ring finger then laugh. And then he gave the ring to me. Typical Miss Shutterbug, I asked when did he buy it, yada yada yada. He just laughed.

Aside from what it obviously represents, I’m happy with the ring because he chose well. Usually, when I shop, he just follows me around. When I ask him what he thinks of this dress or that bag, he just shrugs and say that they all look the same to him. Then when he shops, I have to accompany him and give advice about the colors and stuff.

After grilling him, I found out that he researched diligently and now knows about the 4Cs – cut, color, clarity and carat. And what “fire” means when it comes to diamonds. Nawili ata, for the day after, we were in the mall (again), he hid my hand in his hand and we went inside another jewellery store and asked about engagement rings. So cute. :)


No comments: