I am Internet person, I could stay online all day if I could get away with it. I jump from blog to blog. I learned about Magallanes Church in a newlyweds' site, the arches intrigued me. So when Mr. Shutterbug and I got to talking about churches, it was already on the back of my mind. Since we are getting married in the summer, Mr. Shutterbug's condition was that the church should be air-conditioned. I immediately suggested the UST church as I only have to cross the street to get there. Thus revealed another condition of Mr. Shutterbug: he didn't want a Spanish-style church or one with an ornate altar. I excitedly told him about Magallanes Church although neither of us has seen it.
We set a Saturday to visit churches. We first visited Magallanes Church. I loved it already. We visited it at around 2:30 PM, approximate time of our wedding. Although the aircons were switched off, it was not hot inside (though I concede that we visited it last December). I loved the size and I loved the interior. We went to the Parish Office to get the requirements, Ms. Cathy assisted us and she was so helpful and sweet. She pencil-booked us for two weeks.
After Magallanes, we visited three more churches. One, we went only as far as the parking lot; the second had a masungit Manang; the third had sliding doors, and I wanted a closed-door moment.
As soon as we had the money for the reservation fee, I pestered Mr. Shutterbug about paying already. However, I learned that he was considering the UP parish, seeing as it was our alma mater and where we met. I love the UP parish and all, but my heart was set on Magallanes Church. I've dreamed about it even before we did our ocular and told him so. That was his cue, he immediately paid the reservation fee. :)
We have a church!
We set a Saturday to visit churches. We first visited Magallanes Church. I loved it already. We visited it at around 2:30 PM, approximate time of our wedding. Although the aircons were switched off, it was not hot inside (though I concede that we visited it last December). I loved the size and I loved the interior. We went to the Parish Office to get the requirements, Ms. Cathy assisted us and she was so helpful and sweet. She pencil-booked us for two weeks.
After Magallanes, we visited three more churches. One, we went only as far as the parking lot; the second had a masungit Manang; the third had sliding doors, and I wanted a closed-door moment.
As soon as we had the money for the reservation fee, I pestered Mr. Shutterbug about paying already. However, I learned that he was considering the UP parish, seeing as it was our alma mater and where we met. I love the UP parish and all, but my heart was set on Magallanes Church. I've dreamed about it even before we did our ocular and told him so. That was his cue, he immediately paid the reservation fee. :)
We have a church!

No comments:
Post a Comment