We are a couple of weeks and a year before the Big Day. While reading that, I feel like it's eons away but I do know that Time has a funny way of sneaking up on you, so better hut-hut-hut!
A couple of updates: we booked PartyPics Live in the recent Weddings and Beyond fair at the Mega Mall. We have tried a couple of photo booths before and we were set on booking this other booth, but everyone in WeddingsatWork kept raving about PartyPics so I was easily swayed hehe. The PartyPics package seems like a good deal, because you could change the lay-out to the 3x1 grid, there are free props and their photobook/guestbook looks nice - although we still have to make up our mind if we are getting the book as an add-on.
So, we have a photobooth!
Since booking Blue Leaf, my task has been to set up food tastings with the accredited caterers. Our first food tasting was with Albergus Catering. The scheduling took all of ten minutes - from inquiring to confirming. The Banquet Sales Executive seems nice on the phone.
We were thirty minutes late than the agreed time but it was okay as they just finished setting up the buffet. We started with Assorted Taro Chips with Eggplant Caviar and Tinapa Pate. I loved the pate. The eggplant caviar was okay, the tomatoes threw me off a bit. I love the taro chips but I was concerned with the quantity, they said they were going to give two servings to a table. I'm just wondering how the guests will share.
A couple of updates: we booked PartyPics Live in the recent Weddings and Beyond fair at the Mega Mall. We have tried a couple of photo booths before and we were set on booking this other booth, but everyone in WeddingsatWork kept raving about PartyPics so I was easily swayed hehe. The PartyPics package seems like a good deal, because you could change the lay-out to the 3x1 grid, there are free props and their photobook/guestbook looks nice - although we still have to make up our mind if we are getting the book as an add-on.
So, we have a photobooth!
Since booking Blue Leaf, my task has been to set up food tastings with the accredited caterers. Our first food tasting was with Albergus Catering. The scheduling took all of ten minutes - from inquiring to confirming. The Banquet Sales Executive seems nice on the phone.
We were thirty minutes late than the agreed time but it was okay as they just finished setting up the buffet. We started with Assorted Taro Chips with Eggplant Caviar and Tinapa Pate. I loved the pate. The eggplant caviar was okay, the tomatoes threw me off a bit. I love the taro chips but I was concerned with the quantity, they said they were going to give two servings to a table. I'm just wondering how the guests will share.
Next was my ultimate favorite - the Crab and Mango Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette. I loved it! I found it refreshing, the crabmeat was sweet, the mango was succulent. Mr. Shutterbug wasn't impressed, but I was craving for it until the next day. Looking at the picture, I'm craving for it just now!
The entrees were next. Of course I had to try their best seller - the Roast Beef with Mushroom Sauce with Mashed Potatoes. It was delish nga, the beef was tender and not stringy. We also loved the Penne with Salmon, Smoked Tomato Cream Sauce. Mr. Shutterbug liked the Popiah, the Singaporean lumpia.
I was looking forward to the desserts, but then a supplier came and did his sales pitch. I wasn't able to enjoy the desserts. Plus, we had to rush off somewhere that I wasn't able to talk to the AE about their set-ups.
Anyhoo, we will be deciding on our caterer after we have tried all the accredited caterers of Blue Leaf. Like Mr. Shutterbug says, "Free food!"
Round-up> One Year to Go!
Church: reserved
Reception Venue: reserved
Photo Booth: reserved
Photographer: reserved
Caterer: booked food tastings
* Images by: Mr. Shutterbug & Miss Shutterbug
No comments:
Post a Comment