Monday, March 30, 2009

Finally, a Reception Venue!

Gah, it’s been a while since I last updated this blog! I’ve been trying to pace myself with the wedding preps, we’re still a good year to go and I don’t want to be stressed this early. It doesn’t help that I think about and resolve other people’s problems for a living – hello, stress!

One of our major accomplishments so far is booking the reception venue. After visiting Magallanes Church, we walked around Makati in search of a reception venue. We visited Blue Leaf, but Mr. Shutterbug found the rate way over budget. We went to a couple of hotels but their packages amount to our entire wedding budget. Through WeddingsatWork, I learned about the Philippine Army Officers’ Clubhouse or PAOC. We visited it one week-end and liked it. However, an event needs to be sponsored by an active military officer, luckily, we found a sponsor. However again, they were not yet open for 2010 bookings. I kept calling the whole month of February, but the one in charge kept saying: next month. We were itching to book a reception venue because we wanted to set the “realistic” budget already.

A couple of weeks ago, Mr. Shutterbug went to PAOC to try to reserve our wedding date. It turned out to be the Army’s anniversary and the sight of military men made him think of coup d’etats and stuff. Plus, there’s a clause in PAOC’s contract that should the Army need the Clubhouse, we could be bumped off any time, even if we’ve already paid the rental fee. After that, Mr. Shutterbug went straight to Blue Leaf and paid the reservation fee!

When he texted me that he booked Blue Leaf, I was skeptical. It was way over budget and he has this thing of fooling me. I resolved not to believe him until I saw the receipt (documentary evidence!) It was only last week-end that I saw the receipt and contract. I am not yet 100% appeased though, for the typewritten date had “2009” and manually erased with “2010” handwritten over it. Gaaah! “Bride Wars” keeps popping in my head.

Note to self: Pester Mr. Shutterbug to confirm our date.

Other than that, we have a reception venue! God give us the budget! :D


Photo from: The Blue Leaf website

No comments: