Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Music and Flowers

Music and flowers often go hand in hand when it comes to romance that I find it amusing to realize that we booked these suppliers successively.

Scouting for our Music proved to be a challenge. Mr. Shutterbug is musically inclined so he is very particular with our Music needs. We wanted a supplier that could play beautiful church music and then churn out dance music later in the reception. However, after receiving the rate sheets of wedding bands, we had to re-think our requirements. Plus, we noted that in most weddings we have attended, most guests don't really stay after the program to party. So we thought of a compromise: we would get a string quartet then ask Sensitivity to play dance music after the program.

We had two choices who had similar prices. Serenata Strings edged out the competition because they had a more extensive repertoire. Sir Lorenz was prompt in replying to emails and when we finally met him, he gave us a lot of tips about the music. We watched, er, heard them play during an actual wedding and they were great. Sir Lorenz that they are the in-house musician of Diamond Hotel and Dusit Hotel. We got a quartet - violin, guitar, keyboard and male singer - the violin was my (Miss Shutterbug) non-negotiable. As long as there's a violin, I'm already sold.

On the other hand, the flowers supplier was a no-brainer. I live near Dangwa so it was just a matter of hauling my ass to the place. Angel of Hearts is a popular supplier in w@w. Brides rave that the flowers don't easily wilt and that the price is affordable. I'm not too particular with the flowers, I just downloaded pictures which caught my attention and showed these to Ms Lorry Jean. The church will be decorated with white calla lilies and tall hotdog leaves. Ms Lorry Jean showed me a picture of asters and I was really tempted to get that instead, but it will cost us an additional P2,000.00. I will be carrying a bouquet of orange calla lilies and green cymbidium while the entourage will have bouquets of roses, carnations, gerbera daisies, green buttons and local green berries. Our first meeting, and booking, took an hour because I'm really not particular with flowers, hehe.



Inspiration of my bouquet from TheKnot.com.


No comments: