Monday, December 28, 2009

Save the Date!

Super backlog on updates, i.e., music and flowers, pamamanhikan, and 1st fitting of my gown. I haven't slept in since December rolled in. Gah! For now, I'm happy to share our save-the-date magnet suite.

For the design, we contracted Mr. Shutterbug's friend, Peejay Canlas (http://www.peejaycanlas.com) to conceptualize the design. It was Mr. Shutterbug who thought of the line "focus to infinity" while I (Miss Shutterbug) made sure that girly elements are still present.

Our plan all along was to give out magnets. I've heard of B2Bs in W@W making their own STD magnets using magnet sheets. For several weeks, whenever I found myself inside a bookstore, I would ask about magnet sheets, but these were always out of stock. I was about to give up on printing our own STDs and source it somewhere until I stumbled upon stacks of Avia magnetic photo paper in the National Book Store branch in our province. Yay! We then lay-outed the image in Microsoft Word, with the A4 sheet producing 8 slightly-larger-than-a-credit-card sized magnets. Mr. Shutterbug did the printing and cutting. Helpful tip: make sure that the printer is set to Photo Paper. We kinda ruined the first batch because we forgot to change the setting, and the ink kept rubbing off. When we changed the setting, the other batches were perfect.

Then it was time to assemble the STD suite. I was searching for light orange size 3 envelopes, but there were none, so I settled with orange. It struck me that there was a need to inform the recipients that it was a save-the-date magnet so I Google-d for sample STD wordings. I found a cute one in a wedding resource website which I then edited by adding the fourth line just to emphasize that it was a ref magnet. I again lay-outed the text in MS Word and printed them on peach scented board. I also thought of our early mishap of the ink rubbing off so I had the "bright" (OC) idea of enclosing the magnet in parchment paper. Then I stuck everything in the envelope, and voila! Semi-DIY STD! :)




No comments: