Saturday, February 14, 2009

Bougainvilleas

When I first got my own camera (a Canon film SLR), our garden was my favorite spot. Why? Because when you're just starting to learn how to take pictures, inanimate things are the best subjects (ie, doesn't move a lot, lessening the chances of blurred pictures). Flowers fit the bill nicely because: 1) the lighting in a garden is usually good, usually early in the morning or in the afternoon; 2) flowers don't move; and 3) flowers are pretty.

A couple of cameras after, I still venture out to our small garden and take pictures of mom's flowers. I was delighted to see that some of our potted bougainvilleas fit the coral-pink shade that I want.



Photo by Miss Shutterbug
Nikon D40//18-200mm VR

We dropped by a wedding fair yesterday and I conclude: flowers are expensive! And now I'm wondering, maybe we should grow more bougainvilleas and use these as our centerpieces?

No comments: