Friday, February 20, 2009

Surprise!

I was really so sad yesterday that I abandoned the files I was studying, got on the Internet, searched for photographers and emailed inquiries.

After work, I met up with Mr. Shutterbug and a friend. Throughout dinner, we kept discussing photographers. I was even scolding Mr. Shutterbug because he's being nonchalant about the preps and doesn't get why I want to book suppliers early.

On the way home, he pointed at something on the dashboard. I thought he wanted me to pop in a CD. When I turned on the light, it was a sheet of paper he was pointing at. I unfolded it, it was a reservation for Mimi and Karl on a different date! He had made arrangements with the church, moved the date and then booked Mimi and Karl! Yes, we wanted them that much! I was so surprised I pulled his hair although he was driving! I told him he was going to give me a heart attack because I'm a look-before-you-leap paranoid kind of girl while he has a devil-may-care attitude.

As soon as I arrived in the office, I called up the church. Please, no “Bride Wars” for me. Ms. Cathy told me that yesterday, a couple walked in inquiring about our original slot, but she told them it was already booked. While they were groaning about it, Mr. Shutterbug called about moving our date. The couple was so ecstatic, the girl remarked it must be a sign that they're really getting married. Yes, there were two happy couples yesterday!

But I have to tell Mr. Shutterbug, no more surprises, pleasant or otherwise! I don’t think my paranoid obsessive-compulsive bride heart could take it!

We have a photographer! :)

No comments: